Liquidation Auction of the Virginia United Methodist Assembly | Grindstaff Auctions & Realty | Mechanicsville Virginia

march, 2017

201725mar9:00 amLiquidation Auction of the Virginia United Methodist AssemblyBlackstone VA - Auction of the Year!9:00 am EST 707 4th Street Blackstone, Virginia 23824Live Auction:Live Auction Event TagsAntiques,Artwork,commercial kitchen equipment,Hand made Rugs,Kubota M6060 Tractor,pipe organDownload Auction Flyer

Time

(Saturday) 9:00 am EST

Location

Virgina United Methodist Assembly

707 4th Street Blackstone, Virginia 23824

Event Details

The Auction of the Year!!

Saturday March 25, 2017 9AM

707 4th Street, Blackstone, Va. 23824

PREVIEW & Bidder Pre-registration:
Friday, March 24th from 1pm to 5pm

Liquidation Auction of the Virginia United Methodist Assembly in Blackstone, Virginia

Selling complete contents of this Retreat and Assembly Center , Manor house, Carriage House, Dormitories, and Shops-

Beautiful Antiques, Large commercial kitchen fully equipped, Shop and Mechanical tools and accessories, Wood working shop, 2015 Kubota Tractor M6060 with front end loader with only 95 hours, Land pride RTA 2072 Tiller, Yard and Garden statuary, benches, and tools,  300+ dorm and staff rooms with Beds, dressers, desks, vanities, chairs, linens, artwork, Theater seating, audio and sound equipment, Enormous Pipe Organ (one of a kind), several piano, and organs, showcases, church pews, 50+ farm style tables and chairs. The list can go on and on and on. Photos show just a small amount of what will be sold.

Possibly 3 auction rings going all day long!!! Preview beginning 7 AM morning of auction

The facility was established in 1892 as The Blackstone Female Institute, a private, religious school for young women. The first year the school operated, it employed six teachers, housed 29 boarders and had 42 day students enrolled. At peak enrollment in 1920, the student body numbered approximately 500 pupils. The school operated under the auspices of the Virginia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South between 1894 and 1950.

In 1920 and 1922, two fires devastated the campus. Leaders of the college rebuilt the school on a smaller scale and reopened. In 1943, the college suspended operations for the duration of World War II, and school buildings were used as apartments by servicemen and their families. Classes resumed in 1945, but dwindling enrollment and the Korean War forced the college to close in 1950. The facility was then purchased by the Virginia Conference and converted into a retreat and conference center, which was opened in 1955.

 

Organizer

Grindstaff Auctions & RealtyAnne Grindstaff

X